My Baby Bug, Danielle

My Baby Bug, Danielle

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Love and Ladybugs...Mothers Day Message

In reflecting on this, my first Mother's Day without Danielle, I have had time to reflect upon my life and Danielle's as well.

I received my mom's Amplified Bible to use as a reference yesterday and I saw a note in it that said Danielle's favorite verse in the bible was II Chronicles 5:13-14 "And when the trumpeters and singers were joined in unison, making one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and other instruments for song and praised the Lord, saying, for He is good, for His mercy and loving kindness endure forever, then the house of the Lord was filled with a cloud. So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the House of God."

This verse has special meaning to me because she lived, loved and laughed the same way when she was a child. She would sing praises to the Lord all the time, just dance and sing His praises. Then as a teenager she departed from that but was always still filled with the spirit of love for everyone and protection of everyone whether she showed it or not. She loved the people she loved, deeper than anyone else I know.

As mothers, we should always have love in our homes and show children how to always love and show love and kindness to everyone no matter their situation or stature in their peer groups. Love never fails, it's not touchy, it's forgiving and everlasting. "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:8 NIV

Danielle was almost always smiling and happy and I truly believe that she had God's love in her heart! There is no way to bask in the love of God and be unhappy at the same time! You can also choose to be happy, just as you could choose to be miserable. Danielle made a conscious effort to be happy all the time. I think she would want us all to rejoice the same way and live a happy, satisfied and fulfilling life!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I just wanted to leave you a short message to let you know that I am thinking of you! You have a gift, in your faith. When I read your blogs I inspire to have the depth of the faith that you have.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete